NY: How much net-metering capacity is left in utility service territories?
New York’s investor-owned utilities recently filed net-metering status reports with the Public Service Commission (PSC). The reports, most of which were filed 7/31/2014, detail each utility’s progress toward its established net-metering cap. The reports indicate the following progress toward aggregate caps:
- Orange & Rockland (as of June 2014): 18.4 MW (59% of its 31 MW cap)
- ConEd (as of June 2014: 82 MW (25% of its 332 MW cap)
- Central Hudson (as of June 2014): 26 MW (72% of its 36 MW cap)
- National Grid (as of June 2014): 168 MW (86% of its 196 MW cap)
- RGE (as of March 2014): 8.8 MW (18% of its 49 MW cap)
- NYSEG (as of March 2014): 40 MW (48% of its 85 MW cap)