Thad B. Culley
Thad Culley’s practice focuses on regulatory issues related to increasing penetration of distributed generation resources on the grid. Mr. Culley joined Keyes & Fox LLP as an associate in 2010 and became a partner in 2016.
- Supported firm efforts addressing California regulatory issues regarding the Renewable Auction Mechanism and SB 32 (feed-in tariff) for a leading solar project developer.
- Provided support in the efforts of a leading US-based renewable energy-focused nonprofit, in proceedings addressing:
– Net Metering and Interconnection Policy
– The permissibility of third party ownership of renewable generation
– Rate design barriers to distributed generation
- On behalf of a leading solar advocacy organization, provided representation in a general rate case on residential rate design issues that impact the distributed generation market.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Member of the Conference of California Public Utility Counsel
- “State Law Barriers to Retail PPAs,” presented at the American Solar Energy Society Conference, Raleigh, NC, May 2011.
- Freeing the Grid, 2011 edition, contributing author. http://www.newenergychoices.org/uploads/FreeingTheGrid2011.pdf
- JD, Tulane Law School, certificate in Environmental Law, 2010
– Moot Court Board, 2010
– National Semifinalist at Pace National Environmental Appellate Moot Court Competition
– CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Common Law Property (2008).
- BA, North Carolina State University, cum laude, History, minor Religious Studies, 1999